Remote - North America
UMG is the premier esports company in North America. UMG began as a LAN company in 2012 and exploded into the esports industry with online tournaments, head to head matches as well as continued LAN offerings in 2014. As one of the first pioneer's in esports UMG continues paving the way for esports as we know it today. UMG continues to make strides in the esports industry with its studio producing online tournaments, and creating content. with the gamer in mind.
UMG is your home for online competitive gaming for every gamer! Our mission is to bring esports to everyone everywhere. UMG is a publicly held company with stock symbol GAME.
UMG is in search of a Tournament Administrator who will perform a variety of duties. This candidate would ideally be a strong communicator, proactive, and be able to be responsible for a variety of tasks to help prepare and execute a variety of tournaments across gaming titles such as Gears 5, Apex Legends, Call of Duty, and more! If you have extensive experience working as a tournament administrator, have great attention to detail, a passion for esports tournaments, and love to game then this is the position for you!
As a Tournament Administrator you will do the following but is not limited to:
- Learn and maintain an in-depth understanding of rules, procedures, and tournament formats for any ongoing tournaments and games supported by UMG Gaming.
- Document/report match results, game/player statistics, and potentially operate brackets.
- Provide match/player support via the specified Discord servers and/or other channels of communication for any ongoing tournaments and games supported by UMG Gaming. Being able to remain logical, fair, and right-minded when executing administrative decisions and have the ability to give a detailed report when a ruling is made in the tournament.
- Coordinate with broadcast staff to relay correct information in regards to team advancement/match results.
- Moderating the stream chat as needed.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- 1-2 years’ experience in esports, entertainment preferred
- 1-2 years minimum years in community management or customer service role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to respond to feedback and implement ideas in a changing environment.
- Organized, punctual and driven
- A passion for esports and gaming
- Strong understanding of esports competitions, formats, and platforms
- Proficiency with Google Drive, especially Docs and Sheets, or MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Experience working with competitive players or talent in a professional environment
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and work under pressure in a high stress, fast-paced environment
As part of the UMG application process, candidates should expect to be given a Zoom or Phone Interview via voice and may be asked in-depth questions regarding their application or experience. Submitting an application for this open position, does not guarantee that you will be selected for an interview.
The equal employment opportunity policy of UMG provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. UMG hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
UMG reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunities and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees.
UMG also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.
Candidates must be 18 years of age or older for this position.
Candidates must have flexible availability for this position.